Dinner in der Auermühle
After a fun but draining first day at Drupa, we went to dinner at Liebevoll in der Auermuehle. Really cool restaurant. I had the Schweinshaxe mit Kümmeljus Sauerkraut & Kartoffeln (translates to Pig Knuckles sourkraut and fingerling potatoes). Sounds gross but it was really good, though I think it was the pig calf and knee rather that what we would think of as a knuckle.
I'm amazed at how green everything is here. Last time I was in Germany (about 15 years ago), it was to Frankfurt and most of what I remember seeing was a very industrialized city. It's very pleasant here.
Though it was misting a bit while we were there, I couldn't help but walk over to the children's play area and take some shot's for Josh and Caleb to show them what German kid's playgrounds look like ... the same as ours. Good lesson to learn: People are people wherever you go, not much changes except the language and the customs. It's not hard to find friendly, generous people wherever you are.

